Thursday, 23 July 2015

Last lesson on working on your robot

I was not happy with how the robot turned out and I wanted to improve it in some way. Instead of making it jump i wanted it to walk like it was supposed to do in the first place. I ditched the design set out by the NXT mindstorm website and decided to create my own design of the spider. I took the leg section apart and changed the structure of the gears using on either side one large one, two medium and two small ones. I also used the wider gears instead of the thin ones. I attached the legs to the gears instead of attaching them to another piece. This structure is more stable then the last one and it actually works. It moves backwards and forwards with no issues. I am so pleased with the result and i'm glad i decided to try and improve it.




video

No comments:

Post a Comment